What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
Typically, we cannot much imagine having any type of surgical procedure performed on our eyes. However, LASIK, with its ability to correct vision problems like hyperopia, myopia, and astigmatism, is a wonderfully successful surgery. In this procedure, your specially trained LASIK surgeon applies cool beams of light from an excimer laser, gently reshaping the cornea of the eye. The process is quick and virtually painless.
LASIK surgery, an outpatient procedure, begins with an application of eye drops that will numb the eye. While the patient lies back comfortably, the eyes are held open by a comfortable instrument, and the femtosecond laser creates a tiny flap in the cornea. This flap is carefully lifted, allowing access to the inner tissue layer. As the flap is lifted, the patient will mainly visualize only the laser light and ambient light, but nothing in clear vision.
Dr. Salib applies pulses of the cool excimer laser light to the exposed corneal tissue to reshape the surface as prescribed for optimal vision. During this part of the procedure, a ticking sound will be heard as the laser pulses. Eye movement will also be tracked at this time, guiding precise correction.
As the cornea is reshaped, the flap is repositioned and the area assessed for anything that may inhibit excellent healing. In the days and weeks following LASIK, the reshaped tissue and overlying flap will heal naturally. Immediately following treatment, eyes may feel a bit irritated, but this sensation will ease within just a few hours. It is important to avoid rubbing the eyes at this time.
Perhaps wearing glasses or contact is getting old, and you're ready for a more permanent solution. To see how LASIK can benefit you, contact us to schedule a consultation.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.