Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
The tried and true approach to these changes in the eye, which make it difficult to read fine print, is to find the most suitable strength of eyeglasses. What eventually happens, though, is that the eye continues to change to a point where distance vision might also be impacted, due to the inability of the eye to focus even at far distances. At this point, reading glasses are no longer a viable solution to affected vision, and prescription glasses or contact lenses become necessary.
The goal of some corrective contact lenses is to create what is called monovision. The eyes are naturally created to work together with equal strength so that, when an object is viewed, binocular vision is experienced. However, most people have one eye that tends to be stronger than the other is, making it dominant as it produces vision. Your doctor will consider your dominant eye when addressing presbyopia so that vision is clear and crisp both up close and at a distance.
For years, this dominance of one eye has been approached with special contact or eyeglass lenses that give the dominant eye power for the best possible distance vision, and fitting the other lens to accommodate near vision. In this way, monovision is created and the eyes once again work together, facilitating optimal depth perception in addition to clarity.
In our Orange County office, we create monovision through the LASIK procedure, allowing patients the freedom to read, drive, and work comfortably without the need for eyeglasses or contact lenses in most situations. The LASIK procedure has been safely used for several years, and can be completed within just a few minutes. To learn more about LASIK for presbyopia or other eye conditions, contact us today.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.