What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
Feeling sensitive to both sunlight and artificial light is probably the most common effect of LASIK treatment, typically occurring the first few days following the procedure. To remedy this side effect, the patient may want to take time to rest in a dimly lit area, and possibly avoid watching television or sitting in front of the computer. Although eyes may feel irritated by this sensitivity, it is important that touching or rubbing them be avoided.
As the corneal flap is healing, the LASIK patient may experience vision problems such as halos, starbursts, and glare Disturbances can also develop in times when the pupil dilates to a point where it exceeds the treatment zone. Halos, starbursts, and glare may occur for several weeks to months, usually dissipating after the first three months. Should they continue past this point, contact our office to discuss the condition with your LASIK surgeon, as there are remedies to alleviate visual disturbances.
Feeling as though eyes are extremely dry is one of the most common side effects after LASIK surgery. One may feel as though there is something in the eye when the eye tissue is healing. Itchiness, redness, and blurred vision can also occur during the time the eye is healing from LASIK. This sensation, which can be relieved by using preservative-free eye drops to lubricate dry eyes, may last up to six months or more. Discussing dry eyes with your eye surgeon is recommended, so that the most suitable eye drops can be recommended.
A side effect that could impair the ability to discern objects precisely is called loss of contrast sensitivity. Although rarely of significance, this is possible for up to six months or more following LASIK surgery and could impair one's ability to drive at night and should therefore be carefully monitored.
Although LASIK has a very high success rate, any surgical procedure comes with some degree of risk. The side effects of LASIK tend to be quite mild and short-lived. Contact us to learn more about LASIK, or to schedule your consultation.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.