Leading You To Better Vision
The draw of LASIK is not just the effectiveness of the procedure, but the minimal downtime required with the corrective procedure. In most cases, the patient experiences very little discomfort following laser eye surgery, and experiences a drastic improvement in vision within just one day.
LASIK is performed as an outpatient procedure, using a microkeratome, a small instrument that makes a thin, circular flap that follows the cornea shape. Today, advances in technology allow for the use of laser in this procedure, which may be used as an alternative to the microkeratome. Once a flap is created, it is edged back, revealing corneal tissue to the surgeon. A small amount of tissue is removed using laser technology. Using a cool laser, the excimer laser is able to ablate, or rub away, corneal tissue bit by bit, thus reshaping the cornea itself. The cornea is reshaped based on the correction necessary for nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism.
When the cornea is shaped correctly it focuses light towards the retina, which translates the light into clear vision. Following the reshaping of the cornea with laser technology, the corneal flap is replaced, healing over within a few days. Both eyes may be treated in the same day, although some patients have only one eye treated at a time, with sessions scheduled a week or more apart. During the procedure, the patient feels no pain, but may smell a slight odor from the laser removing tissue.
Healing from LASIK surgery occurs quite rapidly. Immediately following treatment, the patient will rest in our office for a few minutes, and then be released to a friend or family member who will drive him or her home. Pain medication may be prescribed, although many patients have no need for it. At home, the patient is advised to rest the eyes the remainder of the day, and possibly the next. After LASIK surgery, rubbing the eye should be avoided so as not to apply undue pressure to the corneal flap.
To safely and effectively attain better vision and throw out those eyeglasses or contact lenses, contact us for your LASIK consultation.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.