Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
LASIK, Laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis, is a refractive procedure in which a small cut is made into the cornea to reshape it and correct problems with focus. You may benefit from LASIK surgery if you wear eyeglasses or contact lenses to correct:
- Nearsightedness, or myopia, where you cannot see distant objects clearly, but near vision is clear.
- Farsightedness, or hyperopia, where you cannot see near objects as clearly as you can those at a distance.
- Astigmatism, which results in generalized blurry vision.
What about presbyopia?A common eye condition that affects most adults by the time they reach their forties is presbyopia. Often resulting in the need for reading glasses, presbyopia is not like nearsightedness or farsightedness, which stem from the shape of the cornea. This condition is the result of the aging process, in which the flexibility of the lens of the eye decreases as this tissue thickens and surrounding muscles weaken. There does not seem to be a way to avoid this natural occurrence, which can often simply be remedied with glasses. However, correction is possible with eye surgery different from Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK.
In treating presbyopia and to create clearer vision, Dr. Salib may recommend monovision, in which one eye is corrected for near vision and one for distance.
Determining which type of eye surgery is most suitable to correct your vision does not have to pose a great challenge. To see how you can benefit from the innovative treatments available today, contact our office for your personal consultation.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.