How to select the best cataract surgeon
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
"Dr. George Salib really knows his stuff. He's a true expert, professional and extremely knowledgeable opthalmalogist. I was scared when 2 different eye incidences occurred on myself. Each time was a different diagnosis by him; however, the symptoms were very similar. I won't be specific in the diagnosis but I just knew that he knew what he was talking about. I was so stressed about the problem with my eye until Dr. Salib gave my eyes a thorough exam and told me the problem."
Here are some things you may want to ask when seeking referrals
- Is the office staff friendly and accommodating?
- Is the billing and payment process easy to understand?
- Does the surgeon take time during the consultation to explain the procedure and ask questions?
- Were you made aware of different options for lenses?
- Are you happy with your vision after the procedure?
When you visit different surgeons for cataract consultation, it is important that you feel open enough to ask any questions you have about the procedure. You'll want to ask if there have been any outbreaks of eye infections, and about the post-operative follow-up care.
For patients who are interested in premium IOLs, you'll want to know about your options. A surgeon who is experienced in premium lenses will be able to advise you on the advantages and disadvantages of all the options. Beware of any surgeons who promise perfect vision. Even after cataract surgery with premium lenses, patients may still require eyeglasses in certain situations.
Post-op follow-up is another important aspect of cataract surgery. You'll want to make sure that your surgeon has clear guidelines set for follow-up and advises you of any complications that may arise and explains how they will be handled.
Making the decision for premium IOLs lies solely in the hands of the patient so it is best to do your homework before the consultation. If the surgeon does not offer premium lenses, it is good to find out their reasoning and then make sure to visit with one who does in order to obtain a second opinion.
Once you've found the best cataract surgeon, you should feel confident in your decision to correct your vision.
- Cataracts Eye Doctor Laguna Hills - Cataracts treated by experienced eye doctor near Laguna Hills is likely to leave patients satisfied
- Best Cataract Surgeon Orange County - The best care for aging patients and those with cognitive conditions may involve a visit to a cataract surgeon in Orange County
- Cataract Surgeon Orange County - Find solutions for clearer vision with your Cataract Surgeon in Orange County
- Cataract Surgeons Lake Forest CA - Cataract surgeons such as Dr. Salib near Lake Forest, CA, address other eye conditions for optimal results
- Cataract Surgeons Laguna Hills, CA - Cataract surgeons like Dr. George Salib from Laguna Hills, CA warn seniors to recognize cataract symptoms
- Orange County Cataract Surgeons - Live in Orange County and want to remove a cataract? Learn recovery tips from our skilled surgeons
- Cataracts Orange County - Recognizing the link between cataracts and nutrition aids in successful eye treatment in Orange County
- Laser Cataract Laguna Hills - How laser cataract surgery in our Laguna Hills office stacks up against conventional cataract surgery
- Cataract Orange County - Correction In Your Time
- Eye Surgeon Which Provides Cataracts Near Laguna Hills - Your eye surgeon knows which care provides the best treatment for cataracts near Laguna Hills
Back To Home Page
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.