Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
No surgery is without the potential for at least one side effect. Before LASIK treatment, Laguna Hills eye doctor George Salib, MD, MS, FAAO discusses with each patient what to expect before, during, and after surgery. He is also careful to determine the most appropriate procedure for vision correction by considering several factors of the patient's eye, such as moistness, refractive errors, and the thickness of the cornea.
The LASIK procedureThe goal of the LASIK procedure is to reshape the cornea to focus light on the retina accurately. The way the cornea is treated will depend on the vision problem that exists. For instance, nearsightedness is treated by flattening the cornea, whereas farsightedness requires the cornea to be made steeper. The laser procedure is performed under local anesthetic and it takes only about 15 minutes in total. No stitches are required for the eye to heal.
Due to the precision with which LASIK is performed, the risk of serious side effects is less than one percent. Risk of even minor complications is further decreased when you choose an experienced eye surgeon to perform your procedure. Dr. Salib has treated thousands of Orange County patients with precise vision correction procedures, achieving excellent results.
Though the risk of side effects is very low, patients considering LASIK should be aware of the potential for:
- Inflammation occurring beneath the flap, called diffuse lamellar keratitis. Rather rare, this condition may respond well to steroids or antibiotics.
- Less-than-optimal results may occur depending on the body's healing process or the amount of tissue removed. Working with a skilled surgeon who uses excellent technologies minimizes this risk, which could leave a patient with the need for corrective eyewear.
- Dry eye syndrome may cause discomfort and blurred vision. In many cases, patients who experience this condition after LASIK find that irritation is temporary and the production of tears normalizes over time.
- The most common side effect from LASIK is temporary irritation or discomfort in the eye. This may last for a few days or a few weeks, depending on the patient's healing response. There are several ways to improve comfort as the eye heals.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.