Lasik surgeon near Lake Forest, California discusses what makes you a good candidate for this procedure
What we look for in a LASIK candidate
Diopter limitsA diopter is a unit of measurement that tells your ophthalmologist or optometrist how far you can see. The corrective power of LASIK for nearsightedness is up to 14 diopters. Up to 6 diopters of farsightedness can be corrected. The same holds true for astigmatism. Greater severity of refractive error may be best treated with other procedures. The way to learn if you are within the ideal limits is to schedule a consultation and examination at Orange County Eye Institute. Our experienced team can discuss the options best suited to your particular condition.
Stable visionOur eyes naturally change as we age. However, after about the age of twenty, these changes occur much more slowly. LASIK is best suited to individuals whose prescription has remained relatively consistent for at least one year.
HealthLASIK is a minor surgical procedure. For that reason, the best candidates will be in good health. Conditions such as an auto-immune disease can inhibit optimal healing and disqualify you from this treatment. Patients with diabetes will also be considered very carefully. In addition to general health, eye health is a factor in candidacy for LASIK surgery. Problems with dry eyes or glaucoma may mean that LASIK is not the best procedure for you.
Most patients are good candidates for the LASIK refractive procedure. Our comprehensive exam and consultation includes medical history and various other considerations that allow us to reach an accurate conclusion about your treatment options.
You may not have to rely on corrective eyewear much longer! Contact Orange County Eye Institute today for your LASIK consultation.
- Lasik surgeon Lake Forest California - Lasik surgeon near Lake Forest, California discusses what makes you a good candidate for this procedure
- Eye Doctor in Mission Viejo - With LASIK, your eye doctor in the Mission Viejo area can free you from eyeglasses
- Best Lasik Surgeons Laguna Hills - One of the best LASIK surgeons offers Laguna Hills area patients the ability to improve vision quickly
- Lasik Doctor Laguna Hills - When you may want to see a LASIK doctor in Laguna Hills
- Aliso Viejo Lasik Surgeon - Keys to successful Aliso Viejo LASIK treatment - details from your experienced eye surgeon
Best Lasik Eye Surgery Home Page
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.