LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
The team at Orange County Eye Institute has the education and training, the board-certification, and the reputation you can count on when you want to correct problematic vision. Dr. Salib uses proven technologies and precise technique to obtain the desired outcome, and treated patients have been very happy with their results. LASIK may be the ideal procedure to correct hyperopia, myopia, and also astigmatism.
How LASIK is doneLASIK is one of the most commonly performed vision-correcting procedures. The outpatient procedure is performed with the use of a local numbing medication. With the eyes adequately numbed, the patient remains comfortable and also finds it easier to keep the eyes open during treatment. LASIK takes only a few minutes due to the use of a precision femtosecond laser device. However, we do use a comfortable instrument to facilitate a comfortably open-eyed position.
During LASIK, our laser instrument is used to slightly open the cornea via a small flap. An excimer laser, which has cool energy, is then focused on the underlying tissue, reshaping it precisely. Reshaping the cornea allows for incoming light to hit the right areas of the eye, improving vision.
The idea of having eye surgery can seem uncomfortable. Patients of the Orange County Eye Institute discover that LASIK is not only a very quick procedure but that it is also gentle to the delicate ocular tissues. Healing after LASIK eye surgery begins immediately and side effects are typically no more than slight irritation that lasts only a few hours. Each day following this corrective surgery, tissues progressively heal. In many cases, vision also continues to improve over the course of a few months.
Clear vision is an integral part of your optimal quality of life. If you would like to reduce your reliance on corrective eyewear, we can help. Call (949) 441-5444 to schedule your visit with Dr. George Salib.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.