Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Although a refractive condition like nearsightedness or farsightedness, astigmatism produces distorted or blurred vision at all distances, rather than just up-close or far away. In addition to blurred vision, a person with astigmatism may experience eyestrain, headaches, or both--most strongly after extended periods at a computer or reading a book.
Astigmatism, in which the eyeball is shaped more like an oval than a sphere, affects the meridians of one or both eyes. A meridian is the invisible line that spans vertically or horizontally from the pupil to the top or bottom or the sides of the cornea. The condition may develop as one of a few types:
- Hyperopic astigmatism develops when one or both meridians are affected with farsightedness. The degree of farsightedness can differ from one meridian to another.
- Myopic astigmatism occurs when one or both meridians are affected by nearsightedness. The degree of nearsightedness can differ in this condition, as well.
- Mixed astigmatism is the condition in which one meridian is farsighted and the other is nearsighted.
To learn more about astigmatism and the various forms of treatment, contact our office today.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.