When you may want to see a LASIK doctor in Laguna Hills
LASIK stands for laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis. This laser-assisted surgical procedure is performed to correct one of numerous vision problems. After this surgery, patients find that their need for corrective lenses is either greatly reduced or eliminated.
Falling into the category of refractive eye surgery, the goal of LASIK is to reshape the cornea at the front of the eye so that light rays that enter the eye are properly bent, or refracted. When not refracted properly, light rays may over-shoot the retina or fall short of this mark, thereby reducing clarity of vision.
Many people choose to visit The Orange County Eye Institute to learn more about LASIK eye surgery when wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses has become unappealing or uncomfortable. This procedure has a proven record of success producing favorable results. This does not mean, however, that LASIK is right for everyone. We are happy to provide details of treatment during your consultation visit.
When LASIK may be appropriate
Refractive eye surgery like LASIK reshapes the cornea by first creating a flap and then reshaping the dome to a more suitable curvature. LASIK is suitable for several problems, including:
- Astigmatism, which blurs vision at all distances, is caused by a misshapen cornea. In this condition, the cornea may be steeper in some areas and flatter in others, leading to the general blurriness noted with this problem.
- Farsightedness (hyperopia). Farsighted people can see objects at a distance more clearly than up close.
- Nearsightedness (myopia). Nearsighted people can clearly see objects to which they are closer, but those in the distance are blurry.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Best Lasik Eye Surgery Home Page
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.