With LASIK, your eye doctor in the Mission Viejo area can free you from eyeglasses
At the Orange County Eye Institute, LASIK remains one of the top procedures for the correction of nearsightedness and farsightedness. This procedure is not only highly effective at restoring a better vision, but also requires very little downtime. Most people who undergo LASIK surgery realize vastly improved vision in just a day or two, after their simple procedure and very little, if any, discomfort.
The outpatient LASIK procedure uses a small instrument, the microkeratome, to create a thin, round flap that mimics the shape of the cornea. A laser may also be used in place of the microkeratome, creating the cornea-shaped flap quickly and precisely—this is the preferred method used by Dr. Salib. This flap allows the eye surgeon access to corneal tissue, which is removed gently and gradually with cool laser technology. This gradual removal of tissue actually reshapes the cornea itself into a form that facilitates optimal vision.
Shaped appropriately, the cornea properly focuses light on the retina, which creates clear, sharp vision. During LASIK surgery, the reshaped cornea is covered with the flap, which heals over in a few days’ time. LASIK surgery, during which no pain is felt, can be performed on both eyes in one procedure or on one eye at a time.
One of the benefits of LASIK treatment is the short recovery period. After undergoing this procedure, our patients are advised to go home and sleep so that their eyes can rest completely. They are sometimes sent home with prescription pain medication, although many of our patients find no need for its use. Reliable transportation is necessary, such as a friend or family member. At-home rest should continue for the remainder of the day of treatment, with any contact of the eye avoided. Within a day or two of treatment, vision will be clearer and the eye healed.
Better vision without the need for eyeglasses or contacts is possible. Contact the Orange County Eye Institute for more information on LASIK, or to schedule your consultation.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Best Lasik Eye Surgery Home Page
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.