Keys to successful Aliso Viejo LASIK treatment - details from your experienced eye surgeon
Through this consultation, you can learn the keys to successful treatment. These include:
- Good general health, free from certain chronic conditions such as uncontrolled diabetes or autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis. Chronic conditions may impact the body's capability to heal properly, affecting the overall outcome of surgery. As each case is different, Dr. Salib does not to automatically disqualify any patient based on medical history. However, it is important to discuss all existing medical conditions as well as medications to assure safe, effective treatment.
- Eye health directly impacts healing ability and successful vision correction with LASIK. Active infection or injury would require treatment before LASIK treatment, as would dry eye syndrome. Persistent dry eyes that feel irritated or have a burning, stinging sensation contain less natural lubrication, and may not respond well to the surgery. Treating such conditions prior to LASIK increases the rate of success.
- Corneal thickness affects LASIK surgery, as this surface of the eye is reshaped for vision correction. A too-thin or oddly shaped cornea may be difficult to manipulate. In such instances, an alternative procedure such as an implantable lens (IOL) may be more suitable. During a consultation, Dr. Salib will evaluate the condition of the cornea to determine the most appropriate vision correction treatment.
- Expectations are important to any type of surgical procedure. Our patients will be made aware of all details and potential side effects to bring expectations into alignment with possible outcomes of LASIK surgery. Usually, LASIK produces excellent vision correction, and is suitable for a wide variety of cases.
- Lasik Orange County - LASIK performed to high standards in our Orange County facility
- Side Effect of Lasik Laguna Hills - Consider the low risk of a side effect of LASIK from your Laguna Hills Eye doctor
- Lasik Eye Surgery Lake Forest CA - Improving vision even more after LASIK eye surgery near Lake Forest, CA
- Lasik Orange County CA - Leading You To Better Vision
- Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK - Should you have Laguna Hills LASIK/PRK surgery?
- Orange County LASIK Side Effects - What to expect after your Orange County specialist performs LASIK - possible side effects to prepare for
- What is Lasik Orange County CA - What is the buzz about LASIK treatment? Details from your Orange County CA eye specialist
- Lasik vs PRK Orange County CA - Comparing LASIK vs. PRK to decide the best option for treatment in our Orange County CA practice
- Orange County Monovision Lasik - Our Orange County patients benefit from monovision LASIK
- Lasik for Astigmatism California - Considering LASIK as a viable treatment for astigmatism-information from your Orange County, California specialist
Best Lasik Eye Surgery Home Page
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.