What is an IOL?
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
"Dr. Salib is very professional and thorough in all my office visits. I'm confident that he gives me the best eye care possible. He listens to me and keeps a good history of my eye condition. His staff is the best--professional, friendly and courteous."
When the lens becomes cloudy, usually from a protein buildup that occurs overtime, it develops cataracts. Cataracts impair the ability for the lens to transmit the light properly and can affect vision.
Symptoms of cataracts include:
- Blurry or cloudy vision
- Difficulty with light glare
- Decrease in vision when driving at night
- Double vision
An IOL (intraocular lens) is an implanted lens used to treat cataracts. They replace the cloudy lens and function similarly to the eye's natural lens. IOLs are made up of a flexible material and have a prescription to help your vision.
There are several different types of IOLs; they include monofocal, multifocal or accommodative, and toric. Determining the one that is right for you will depend largely on your personal preferences. IOLs dictate how you will see when you are not wearing prescription eyeglasses. Some patients may still require the use of glasses in certain situations, such as reading or other activities. The success of IOLs can be largely dependent on the individual and their eye health.
Some patients may still require corrective surgery such as LASIK after receiving IOLs in order to achieve the best possible vision. If you have had LASIK in the past, it is important to discuss it with your surgeon in order to determine the correct IOL prescription.
If blurry or foggy vision is starting to affect your daily life, now is the time to talk to your doctor about cataracts surgery and the different IOLs available.
- Intraocular Lenses Orange County - Intraocular Lenses from your Orange County eye surgeon are selected just for you
- Intraocular Lenses in Mission Viejo - Learn the pros and cons of monofocal intraocular lenses from your eye surgeon near Mission Viejo
- Intraocular Lens Laguna Hills CA - You have choices when it comes to your intraocular lens implant in the Laguna Hills, CA area
- Premium Intraocular Lenses Cataract Surgeon Laguna Hills - Premium intraocular lenses carefully selected by your cataract surgeon in Laguna Hills
- Cataract Surgeries with the Premium IOLs Laguna Hills - Cataract surgeries improved with the use of premium IOLs in Laguna Hills, but still not "perfect"
- Intraocular Lens Lake Forest CA - How an intraocular lens after cataract surgery in Lake Forest, CA may affect vision
- Intraocular Lens Aliso Viejo CA - Why an intraocular lens is necessary after cataract surgery near Aliso Viejo, CA
- Premium IOL Laguna Hills CA - With premium IOL placement in Laguna Hills, CA, dependence on glasses is cut drastically
- IOLs in Laguna Hills - Monofocal lenses one option in IOLS in our Laguna Hills office
- IOL in Laguna Hills - Choosing an IOL and other steps to prepare for cataract surgery in our facility near Laguna Hills
- Orange County Intraocular Lenses (IOL) - Part of cataract treatment in Orange County is to understand intraocular lenses (IOL)
- Laguna Hills IOL Implant - Helping our patients from Laguna Hills and surrounding areas choose the best IOL implant
- IOL Lens Laguna Hills CA - Choosing an IOL lens for presbyopia after cataract treatment in our Laguna Hills CA facility
Back To Home Page
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.