Orange County Eye InstituteRating : 5
"I have had macular degeneration starting in 2004. Both eyes are now dry. The right eye is almost entirely blind, having only a small amount of peripheral vision. The left eye requires both reading and computer music glasses. Dr. Salib recommended the laser treatment and it was so successful. No other eye-care provider has given me anything so successful as your laser surgery. My eyesight has become much clearer which improves my life very much."
As this condition tends to run in families and is so common, it is very important to get checked for macular degeneration, especially if someone in your family has it. Things you might notice are that parts of words seem to disappear, or you may notice that straight lines appear wavy or broken. Eventually, macular degeneration can rob you of your central vision, making it hard to see the faces of people or to read.
There are two main types of macular degeneration, wet and dry. The main difference is that dry macular degeneration does not involve the accumulation of fluid or blood in the retina, while the wet kind does. We carefully examine your eyes to determine if and what type of macular degeneration you may have, and then we give you our recommendations based on the findings. If you notice a sudden change in your vision, be sure to call us immediately for a comprehensive eye exam, as this can signify the changing of dry to wet macular degeneration.
Treatment usually involves self-testing one's eyes with a special grid called an Amsler grid, vitamin therapy, or sometimes injections to help in cases of wet macular degeneration. Regular eye exams are an important part of maintaining your eye health.
- Macular Degeneration Eye Surgeon near Laguna Hills - Learn preventive measures for macular degeneration from your eye surgeon near Laguna Hills
- Eye Doctor in Laguna Hills - Your eye doctor in Laguna Hills urges, "Know the warning signs of macular degeneration!"
- Orange County Macular Degeneration Test - Macular degeneration explained
- Lake Forest Macular Degeneration Symptoms - Helping Lake Forest and surrounding area residents recognize macular degeneration symptoms
- Laguna Hills Wet Macular Degeneration - Your Laguna Hills eye doctor helps you handle wet macular degeneration
- Aliso Viejo Dry Macular Degeneration - Near Aliso Viejo, the Orange County Eye Institute can help you recognize and treat dry macular degeneration
Meet The Doctor
George M. Salib, MD
Why Choose Us
Orange County Eye Institute is committed to helping individual patients live their lives to the fullest by maximizing their vision with personalized care.
I like to thank the whole staff for excellent service and to welcome me as a new patient. And to thank Dr. Salib for answering all my questions and provide me with excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. George Salib for his excellent service.